Monday, February 13, 2012

Tavern at the Park

This last weekend my boyfriend took me out to dinner for Valentine's day. We went to Tavern at the Park located at 130 East Randolph Street in Chicago. The menu included many fancy dishes. They had quite a few options in the beef, chicken, seafood, and pasta sections. Each item sounding more decadent than the last. I ordered the brick chicken. It was a a piece of chicken with some veggies. It was very tasty because it was served in a light sauce. Click here for the menu and more! 

The decor of the restaurant was pretty basic, but the overall feel of the environment was classy. I wore a dress and heels for the occasion and did not feel over or under dressed. The best part of our visit there was the dessert. We ordered the strawberry shortcake. It was not short at all! It was a towering cake made up of layers of shortcake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries. We weren't able to eat it all, but if I could have made more room in my stomach I would have. It was THAT good!!
The Strawberry Short Cake at the Tavern at the Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment