Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Joe's Bar on Weed St.

On Sunday night I took my Mom to the Eli Young Band concert at Eli Young band. The concert was sold out and very crowded. Joe's Bar is in Chicago but in a very empty area. It was sort of off by it's own. We did not have a problem getting a cab back into the city though. The actual bar is a very large venue. They have one room set up with TVs, a bar, and several tables. There is a separate space for the concert area. The venue was decorated nicely, it felt very chic. Also, all of the employees from the bartenders to the ladies working in the coat check were very friendly. I was very impressed by that. As for the actual concert, it started late and because it's not assigned seating, actually because there's no seating at all (you just stand in front of the stage) I wasn't a fan. I don't like that setup because I don't like to be engulfed in a crowd like that. I now know what to expect for next time. If you like to be a part of a crowd at a concert I'd recommend Joe's Bar. The tickets are really cheap and they host a lot of pretty popular bands. The drinks were fairly priced and the food smelled really good too. Don't let the empty area around the bar fool you, Joe's Bar is full of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment